Sunday 23 October 2011

Craft and Quilt Fair.

Yesterday I went to the Craft and Quilt Fair in Brisbane. I just love going to it every year and this year was no different. Actually, I think that this year I may have enjoyed it more than ever before.

There are so many things to see at the fair, it is huge. I always go with my MIL and it takes us all day to see everything. We stop at nearly all the stalls to have a look. Most stalls are just so gorgeous and inviting. Displays of beautifully hand crafted quilts, dresses, aprons, bags etc. Fabrics that feel so luscious and are just screaming out to me to buy them, (how can I say no?). The latest sewing machines and overlockers. Paper craft, bead craft, anything you can think of craft. The list goes on.

I 'ohh-ed' and 'ahh-ed' the whole time I was there, all the while wishing that I had a million dollars....hehehe.


While I was there, I decided that on the end of my huge, ever growing list of things to make....I am going to make a quilt. I have always been a bit to scared to even think of making a quilt due to my lack of expertise in sewing but now I just figure, What the hey?? I'm sure if it goes pear shaped, I can un-pick it all and use the squares for something else....maybe! So while cruising around the stalls, I decided that I want to make a 'Vintage Chic' quilt (seemed to be the in theme at the moment too) so I started building my stash. I found the above Fat Quarters at a stall and think they will be perfect for my quilt.


It might take me a while to build my stash and take me a year to make this quilt but I will get it done and showcase it when it is :)

In staying with the 'Vintage Chic' theme, I bought the pattern and some fabric to make this pillow as well...


Won't it go nicely on my bed with my quilt? Poor Nick doesn't yet know that I am going to transform our room into a very girly, flowery, beautiful room!! lol

I picked up a few other things as well while I was there and all in all, I had fantastic but exhausting day :)


Back home on the party front, things are coming along well. I have almost completed my outfit and then will move on to Nick's. I can't wait to share all the photos with you.

6 more sleeps.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous. I missed the Craft and Quilt fair this year as I was still in the Hospital... Missed last year too...so bummed. Your fabric is gorgeous. I'll look out for some shabby chic 1/4's on my travels. Good luck with your quilt. Will you do a class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest doing your 'girly transformation' on your room while Nick is away with his training - that way he wont see it till its too late...!

    ReplyDelete